Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Meet the Teacher Fun






Wow! What an incredible night it was! Last year was not only my first year at Green Elementary, but it was my first year in elementary EVER! "Meet the Teacher" was not really a thing in secondary, so it looked COMPLETELY different. I remember walking out of my classroom at the end of last Meet the Teacher last year thinking, "Wow! I wasn't prepared for that!"

The thing is is that teachers (me included!) stress and stress EVERY YEAR about Meet the Teacher and making sure everything is perfect and ready to show their parents and students. Everything needs to be perfectly laminated, papers put in correct stacks, bulletin boards need to be completely straight, and everything needs to be flawlessly matching and "Pinterest worthy," right?

Wrong.

Yes, making sure our rooms are orderly and put together is important, but "perfect" is not what is most important.

Welcoming
Warm
Inviting
Loving
Home
Kind-hearted
Family

These are all words that come to mind when I think about how I want my room to feel like at Meet the Teacher and every day for the rest of the year. Building relationships with your babies is one of the most important priorities to me, and I hope that after Meet the Teacher, you know how much I care for them and value each one of their unique and special personalities.

I am so excited for an amazing school year with the best class in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment