Friday, August 10, 2018

Welcome to 4th Grade!


Wow! It is already time for another FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL as a 4th Grade Green Explorer! Summer was wonderful and relaxing and magical, but I am so very ecstatic to start another amazing school year. I hope you all had a relaxing summer off and was able to spend quality time with family and friends. 

I had an awesome summer! At the beginning of the summer, I worked at a church camp for special needs adults and met lots of sweet people. This is one of my sweet friends that I made!

I have also been getting into volunteering more, so have met some great people through that! It is just so fulfilling serving others. My favorite thing! A couple of weeks ago, my friend, my mom, and I participated in a Meal Pack one Sunday night. We packed thousands of meals for children around the world that do not have enough food to eat. 
In July, I volunteered at a church camp for high school kids. I got to be a counselor with a lot of friends that have been camp counselors with me and we had so much fun on Fourth of July week!
                                     
My family and I went to Orange Beach, Alabama for a few days, and my sister and her (now fiancĂ©!…she got engaged this summer!) drove down from Tennessee to meet us there. It was SUCH a great summer and it is such a happy time for my family!
I am so excited that I will be your 4th Grade teacher! You will be in my homeroom, and I will be your reading, writing, and social studies teacher. We will be switching classes with Mrs. Moussa for math and science.

I cannot wait to meet you! Please join me for Meet the Teacher Night on Monday, August 13th from 4:30-6:00PM to see our room and drop off your supplies. If you ordered school supplies, they will be waiting for you in our classroom. Otherwise, please bring your school supplies unlabeled since we will be labeling them together on the first day of school. Our classroom is in Room 105.


The FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL will be on Wednesday, August 15th. I will pick up students from the gym at 7:40AM and school will begin at 7:50AM. You may bring a water bottle and a healthy snack on that day, and every day thereafter. We are going to have an amazing fourth grade year together, and I look forward to seeing you soon!




2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful Blog. Loved getting to see the pictures and learn more about you and your sweet family. We are looking forward to a fabulous year! Thank you for all the time you spent getting ready for the year and.......please let us know if we can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete